Who should work with Helen Laidlaw, Business Advisor, Togetherness Co?
If you are committed to the long-term growth, profitability and success of your business, then it makes sense to stop wasting time and money trying to figure it out on your own, and start working with a Business Advisor. Working with Togetherness Co. is perfect for:
- Businesses wanting to be more profitable
- Businesses wanting to improve their systems and processes
- Business owners wanting to improve their financial knowledge
- Businesses wanting to achieve significant growth
- Business owners seeking a more enjoyable lifestyle
- Business owners wanting to build the asset value of their business
- Business owners looking to exit their business in 2-5 years
What does a Business Advisor do?
A business advisor will help you to work 'on' your business. As an independent and experienced expert, whose perspective isn’t clouded by the day-to-day activities, Helen Laidlaw can help you to see things differently, find clarity, break through any barriers and change for the better. Helen is able to offer practical help, advice and support in specific business areas that will help make a difference to your business success. As a business owner, having someone to go to for business advice can be invaluable.
What can I expect from a Business Advisor?
Every situation is unique. Here’s how the process works
- Schedule a free, no obligation meeting so that I can understand your current challenges and business goals. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions. I need to know as much about you and your business as possible, in order to successfully help you.
- Together, we will create a plan to achieve your goals. We will focus on resolving current issues, improving systems and processes and identifying key opportunities, so that doing business can get radically easier and more profitable.
- Implementation of the plan is the key to ensuring that your business is able to achieve profitable growth. Regular meetings (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) will be held to help and support you, offer advice and hold you accountable for achieving your objectives.
What industries do you specialise in?
You, the Business Owner, is the expert in your industry, not me. As a Business Advisor, I bring in the skills, resources and tools that you don't have. I typically work with SME's that have been in business more than three years, have more than five employees and a turnover greater than $500,000.
How many businesses do you work with?
I only work with a limited number of businesses, ensuring that the plan we will create together is implemented in a timely manner and that you are getting results as quickly as possible.
Where are you located, and how do you work with your clients?
I am based in Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand. Client meetings are held using online meeting tools. On site meetings, if desired, can be agreed when scoping the work.
What are your qualifications?
I have a Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) from The University of Waikato, and am a CA member of CA ANZ (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand). More importantly, I have a track record of helping businesses improve their profit. You can find out more about me here
Do you have references?
Certainly. I would be pleased to introduce you to my clients. However, in order to respect the time and generosity of my clients, I will provide references as the final step before you sign the engagement letter.
Is there a minimum period of commitment?
I believe that you should not be bound by a contract if it isn’t working for either party. If you wish to terminate for any reason that cannot be resolved by discussion, then one months’ notice of termination must be communicated in writing.
How much does a Business Advisor cost?
A fixed fee per month is agreed upfront. Payment is due on the 20th of each month.