Who should work with Helen Laidlaw, Business Advisor, Togetherness Co?
If you are committed to the long-term growth, profitability and success of your business, then it makes sense to stop wasting time and money trying to figure it out on your own, and seek business advice.
Working with Togetherness Co. is perfect for:
- Businesses wanting to be more profitable
- Businesses wanting to achieve significant growth
- Businesses wanting to improve their systems and processes
- Business owners wanting to improve their financial knowledge
- Business owners seeking a more enjoyable lifestyle
- Business owners wanting to build the asset value of their business
- Business owners looking to exit their business in 2-5 years
Do we really need a plan?
If you run a business, then it’s probably safe to say yes! A business plan serves as a day to day road map; detailing where you want to go and how you will get there. It identifies the opportunities to focus on, and the obstacles to remove.
How does the process work?
Every situation is unique. Here are some common steps.
- Initial discussion to understand your basic needs.
- Follow up discussion to better understand your personal and business goals, develop strategies, and agree on key objectives to be achieved.
- Regular meetings (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) to help and support you, offer advice and hold you accountable for achieving your objectives.
What industries do you specialise in?
You, the Business Owner, is the expert in your industry, not me. I bring in the skills, resources and tools that you don't have. I typically work with SME's that have been in business more than three years, have more than five employees and a turnover greater than $500,000.
How many businesses do you work with?
I only work with a limited number of businesses, ensuring that the plan we will create together is implemented in a timely manner and that you are getting results as quickly as possible.
Where are you located, and how do you work with your clients?
I am based in Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand. Client meetings are held using online meeting tools. On site meetings, if desired, can be agreed when scoping the work.
What are your qualifications?
I have a Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) from The University of Waikato, and am a CA member of CA ANZ (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand). More importantly, I have a track record of helping businesses improve their profit. You can find out more about me here
Do you have references?
Certainly. I would be pleased to introduce you to my clients. However, in order to respect the time and generosity of my clients, I will provide references as the final step before you sign the engagement letter.
Is there a minimum period of commitment?
I believe that you should not be bound by a contract if it isn’t working for either party. If you wish to terminate for any reason that cannot be resolved by discussion, then one months’ notice of termination must be communicated in writing.
What is your payment structure?
A fixed fee per month is agreed upfront. Payment is due on the 20th of each month.